Pancakes or drop scones
I love these with lemon and honey or date syrup. They are great for breakfast or when kids come home hungry from school. Gluten and dairy free!
- 80 g Buckwheat flour *
- 60 g Gluten Free flour or brown rice flour
- 30 g Coconut flour
- 2 eggs free-range
- 1 tsp Baking powder gluten free if necessary
- Milk my favourites are coconut milk hemp or almond
- Mix everything together as you would with conventional pancakes. Slowly mix in as much milk as you want until you have reached the desired consistency depending on whether you want thin or thick pancakes/drop scones. I tend to make the mix fairly thick, leave it to stand and thin it down as neccessary.
- Leave the mix to stand for at least 10 minutes. I often make the mix the night before and fry up the pancakes for a quick breakfast in coconut oil.
- Could be served with sliced banana and honey, berries, greek yoghurt or for a substancial breakfast why not have them with scrambled egg.
*Buckwheat flour is one of my favourite flours! It’s gluten free, despite the name, and is a fruit seed related to rhubarb and sorrel. It’s very high in phytonutrients that protect against disease and is a good source of magnesium. For more info on its health benefits go to www.whfoods.com