Chickpea, fennel and olive salad
This salad involves the use of quite a few ingredients but it's well worth it!
- 100 grams rocket
- 1 medium fennel bulb thinly sliced and mixed with the lemon juice and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon - juice only and olive oil
- 50 grams walnuts roughly chopped
- 75 grams pitted olives
- 1 tin chickpeas or use 150grams of dried chickpeas soaked overnight
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp walnut oil Or use more olive oil
- 11/2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp English mustard or wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1/2 clove garlic Or a little garlic paste from a tube.
- 1/2 small red onion very finely chopped (optional)
- Cook the soaked then drained chickpeas in lots of water for an hour to 2 hours until soft, then drain. If using tinned, drain and rise. Arrange the chickpeas over the rocket leaves, the thinly sliced fennel with the oil and lemon juice, then scatter on the walnuts and olives.To make the dressing combine all the other ingredients together and whisk until well combined. Drizzle over the layered salad. Enjoy!