How can Nutritional Therapy help you to feel great?
Nutritional Therapy Services
Are you struggling with unexplained pains and fatigue? Would you like to resolve those irritating gut issues and understand what causes them? Do you want to have more energy, better sleep, or to feel less anxious? Or maybe you would just love to feel you can manage your weight with ease? Not to mention to feel free to eat without fear!
If any of this resonates with you, then let’s work together!
I can help you feel better by exploring the root causes of your symptoms. By making small changes to your diet and lifestyle, we may be able to make big changes in your health. Find out exactly what you need to change and how to make those changes long lasting.
Health issues I can help you with:
I work in a friendly, relaxed non-judgmental way to support you in your aim for better health. The health issues I can help you with include gut issues, low energy and unexplained pain, poor sleep, mood disorders and so much more. I advise on nutrition and lifestyle to support you in overcoming chronic health conditions, to maintain good health and support you to live life to the full and be the best you can be.
If you are looking for preventative support, I can also work with you to facilitate:
- Healthy eating
- Better weight management
- Pregnancy & fertility
- Healthy ageing
- Improved stamina
- Food intolerances / allergies
- Issues relating to digestion, IBS, IBD
- Weight loss / food cravings / healthy eating
- Low energy & fatigue
- Low mood & depression
- Anxiety & stress
- Chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia
- High blood pressure / high cholesterol
- Skin & hair issues
- Type-2-diabetes and pre-diabetes
- And much more!
Is Nutritional Therapy Right for You?
- You are tiered of unrealistic and unsustainable diets
- You are ready to take control of your health
- You feel frustrated that you don’t know what is causing your symptoms
- You don’t know what foods trigger your gut issues or make you feel bloated and uncomfortable
- You are struggling to lose weight
- You feel tiered all of the time and wish you had more energy
- You can’t sleep properly
- You want to address the underlying cause of your problems and not just your symptoms
What is Nutritional Therapy?
Nutritional Therapy uses an evidence-based approach to create personalised nutritional programmes that are tailored to your individual requirements. All recommendations are made in a holistic and wellbeing focused manner, meeting you where you are currently at. Nutritional Therapy takes into consideration your health goals, lifestyle factors and food preparation ability/time.
What I offer?
During a 1:1 consultation, I will look at how your diet and lifestyle are impacting you. As a qualified nutritional therapist and nutritionist, I can help you to understand how nutritional imbalances may be contributing to your specific symptoms.
Nutritional Therapy is more than just giving you guidelines for healthy eating; what is good for one person doesn’t necessarily work for everyone!
I offer dietary analysis or testing services depending on your issues. Often tests are simple and cost very little. Interpreting the results correctly and taking appropriate action can have an enormous beneficial impact on your health. I look at the bigger picture and suggest sensible, practical steps towards helping you reclaim your health.
Nutritional Therapy Services
Invest in yourself & take charge of your health
When our energy is low, we are out of shape and our digestion isn’t what it should be, there are some major imbalances that need to be addressed. We are highly complex and biochemically unique, and my goal is to unravel the complexities so that you can experience a breakthrough in your day-to-day life.
In my experience, it takes a minimum of 3 months to bring about lasting change and embed positive healthy habits. We will work together, following a plan that is tailored specifically to you.
I offer different levels of support to achieve this, with consultations starting from just £95 for an hour session. If this is more than you can manage, we can discuss it as I do offer some concessional slots. If you are simply looking for a health MOT and are not on a concoction of medication, I can offer you a one-off session.
- This is for those who are ready to commit to improving their health!
- If you are confident you can follow through with lifestyle and dietary changes, or if you already have a healthy lifestyle but would like support with achieving specific health goals, then this is the programme for you.
- 1 initial consultation followed by 3 follow up sessions.
1 x 90 minute consultation
3 x 45 minute follow up consultations
- This is for you if the time has come to take back control of your health!
- It includes regular, personalised support, every two weeks, to address your specific health goals.
- This programme includes coaching to help identify personal challenges and overcome barriers to change.
- We will have fortnightly contact.
1 x 90 minute consultation
3 x 45 minute follow up consultations
2 x 60 minute consultations
- This programme provides weekly support for 3 months and gives us the opportunity to work at a deeper level.
- Offering regular coaching, accountability and encouragement, it is perfect for those with more complex health concerns, or those who would benefit from a more nurturing and personalised service.
1 x 90 minute consultation
3 x 60 minute follow up consultations
3 x 45 minute consultations
6 x support calls
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Nutritional Therapists, Dieticians & Nutritionists?
There are many different professions working within the broad field of nutrition. Only practitioners in Nutritional Therapy and dieticians are trained in clinical practice to give one-to-one personal advice.
Nutritional therapy practitioners who have been trained in nutritional therapy and who are registered with a professional body. They are fully independent professionals who assess the whole health status of the individual and take account of the unique dietary and nutritional needs of their clients. They recognize the biochemical individuality and the potential flaws in transferring population guidelines to recommendations for optimising individual health.
They often work with clients who have chronic health problems that conventional medicine sometimes finds difficult to treat. These include allergies, digestive and bowel disorders, hormonal imbalances, fatigue, depression or stress, auto-immune conditions, migraine and skin disorders. Increasingly, parents with an overweight child and/or a child with learning and behavioural difficulties may seek to support their child with nutritional therapy.
Dietitians work principally in the National Health Service and are regulated by the Health Professions Council. A dietician uses the science of nutrition to devise eating plans for patients with various medical conditions. Their evidence is based on national dietary guidelines for a ‘normal’ population. They work to promote good health by helping to facilitate a positive change in food choices amongst individuals, groups and communities based on these guidelines. They may also specialise in the field of artificial nutrition support, or work in the medical nutrition industry or in private practice.
Nutrition scientists (nutritionists) often work outside of the clinical context, in research, industry or education. The Nutrition Society is a learned society whose aim is to advance the scientific study of nutrition and its application to the maintenance of human and animal health. There is a national voluntary register for nutritionists who are qualified to provide general information about food and healthy eating but are not trained in clinical practice or to give specific information about individual therapeutic diets. No specific qualifications are required to set yourself up as a nutritionist and registration with a professional body is optional.
How many sessions will I need?
This depends entirely on why you have come to me and what you are trying to resolve. If you are on a healthy diet and, for instance, have discomfort following food we may find a resolution within one session if all your diet required was a tweek. But it isn’t always obvious in which case it may require a few sessions. It has been said that for every year that you’ve been living with a condition or health concern, you will require a month to resolve it. Sometimes this is the case but not always – I have been able to resolve long-term issues within just one session.
It also depends to what degree there is a psychological component to the issue. Coaching can be used to support those struggling to implement change. Some clients benefit from more frequent sessions.
How would nutritional therapy help if I can't cook?
Don’t worry if you can’t cook! Even making small changes to your diet such as introducing healthy options that don’t require cooking can make a big difference. If you are someone who likes to eat out a lot or who likes to buy ready meals, getting guidance on what to chose can be really helpful.
What is BANT? What is CNHC?
What is BANT?
The British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine is the UK’s professional body for Nutritional Therapists and those working in the nutrition profession. It represents the seal of excellence for nutrition health professionals in promoting the highest standards of education, training and qualification with Nutritional Therapy. It also ensures that all members are fully insured and follow a strict code of practice. For more information on BANT please go to: www.bant.org.uk
What is CNHC?
The Complementary and Natural Health Care Council (CNHC) is the national voluntary regulator, developed with support from government funding, to ensure that its members offer a consistent, professional and safe experience to the public when seeking the advice of a qualified Nutritional Therapist. For more information on CNHC please go to www.cnhc.org.uk
What happens in a nutritional therapy session?
If you are looking to feel more energised, more vibrant and comfortable in your body, making small changes to your diet and lifestyle can make a big difference to how you feel. If you have been living with dis-ease for a number of years, it may take a few months to bring about lasting change. We are all unique and our requirements likewise. From my experience, if you are looking to bring about lasting change, committing to a package that provides you with the support you need is the way forward!
- All packages include an initial 90 minute Consultation to go over your medical questionnaire and 3-day food diary which you will have completed prior to the session in order to get as clear a picture of your particular situation. We will review your symptoms, medical history, family history, and a dietary and lifestyle assessment.
- A full body composition analysis will be carried out: weight, BMI, visceral and body fat%, muscle mass, bone mass, hydration and metabolic age (unless you don’t want to know!).
- A personalised nutrition and lifestyle plan appropriate to your particular situation will be devised. Practical ideas for recipes and menus will be discussed with you and these will be reviewed in follow-up sessions.
- Your goals will be negotiated at each session in order to support you to achieve your aims for health or weight-loss and coaching to support you to make the changes and to help you feel empowered to make the adjustments.
- E-mail support is offered in all packages with regards to supplement use.
- Supplements and testing will be discussed if appropriate. This could be as simple as a test to establish vitamin D status or zinc status to testing for parasitic infections, hormone testing, gluten or food intolerance testing. There are dozens of tests that could be carried out to help ascertain the presence of any suspected underlying conditions if required.
- Any supplements or functional testing suggested to fast forward progress are offered with a discount on RRP.
Health isn’t just about eating well. It’s also about changing habits and that can be hard and it can take time. Give me a call to discuss how we can work together!
Will nutritional therapy work for me given my busy schedule?
However busy you are, you still need to eat and preserve your health to ensure you can work as efficiently as possible! I can help you with time saving tips and guide you as to what healthy options you could select that don’t require spending lots of time in the kitchen or shopping.