Date and chocolate truffles
These truffles go down well with everybody! They are great as healthy energy boost snack.
Author: Original author unknown
Recipe type: Gluten & dairy free
- 1 large cup of pitted dates
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ almonds ground or whole
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1tsp almond essence (optional)
- 1tsp honey
- 3 tbsp cocoa or better about 3dsp cocoa and 70g of dark chocolate (Fair Trade 60+% cocoa!)
- Gently soften the dates by simmering in about a ¼ cup of water. How much water will depend on how dry the dates are so adjust accordingly. The dates need to be nice and soft and all the water absorbed. Blitz all the nuts in a food processor then add all the other ingredients. If using chocolate melt in a bowl over the pan of simmering dates. Blitz until all the ingredients are nicely blended.
- Roll into balls - tip have a bowl of water next to you so that you can do so with wet fingers. Finally roll in desiccated coconut, ground almond, cocoa or ground gooji berries.